A trip to the park is the perfect way to invigorate the senses while promoting an overall feeling of well-being. There are many opportunities for picnicking, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors within the Historical Parks district. While planning your trip, please consider the following information to make your trip enjoyable and safe.
For your safety and enjoyment, visitors to Historical Park sites are expected to follow these rules:
- Unless otherwise noted, park sites open at dawn and close at dusk.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on park property.
- No firearms of any kind are permitted on park property, including BB and pellet guns.
- Pets must be supervised at all times and kept on a leash.
- Visitors to parks must stay on marked trails.
- Fires are only permitted in existing or pre-approved grills or fire pits.
- No person may affix signs, posters, handbills, advertisements, etc. to park property, including trees, fence posts, buildings, vehicles, billboards or similar structures.
- Littering is prohibited. Trash is to be disposed of in provided containers. If no container is provided, visitors must take trash with them when they leave the park.
- Parking is permitted in marked spaces only. Observe handicapped parking spaces.
- Return park equipment and tables to their proper location.
- Leave the park as you found it.
- Be courteous of other visitors; refrain from loud music and noise.
- Help us maintain your parks. Report vandalism by calling (740) 681-7249.
The Historical Parks currently offers four open-air shelters at Cross Mound Park, Lockville Canal Park, Zeller Park, and Smeck Historical Farm. These shelters can accommodate up to 30 individuals and are available on a non-exclusive, shared-use basis. Please note that restrooms are not currently available at Cross Mound Park, Zeller Park, or Lockville Canal Park.
If you are interested in reserving either of these shelters, contact the Historical Parks office at (740) 681-7249.
Small weddings are permitted at select parks. Please contact the Historical Parks office for more details (740) 681-7249.