Turkey Run Church is located near Fairfield County’s border to Pickaway County. When dedicated in 1835, the church was officially named The Turkey Run Predestinarian Baptist Church and more than 500 people came from miles around to attend its dedication. Built of brick made and fired on the property, the church could accommodate nearly sixty worshippers on hand-grained pews cushioned by early quilts. Adjacent to the church is an early cemetery with the names of many settlers, the descendants of which live in Fairfield County today.
Directions and Map
Turkey Run Church is located at 11635 Lancaster-Circleville Road, SW, in Lancaster, Ohio.
From the corner of Main and Broad Streets in Lancaster, Ohio, head west on Main Street/Lincoln Avenue for about 1 mile. Turn right onto 188 West/Cedar Hill Road. Remain on 188 West for about 12 miles. The lane for Turkey Run Church will be on the left.
- Nineteenth-century church made of bricks constructed and fired on site.
- Turkey Run Church contains retains its original pulpit and hand-grained pews which are a fine example of folk art painting.
- Early cemetery, dating back to 1812.
Visitors are welcome to tour the grounds of the church, which are open from sunrise to sunset. The church itself is currently closed for repairs and renovation.